Hi I'm CeLee, and Dress Your Nest is your destination for simple and straight-forward, affordable modern design advice. My mission is to show everyone how to Design Within Reach within reach. I'll show you how high class design doesn't always come with a steep price. Peruse around and let's tap into your inner design diva!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Interior Design: Master Bedroom Choices



This is my best friend's master bedroom. It's a beautifully open space with high ceilings and open wall space. My friend and her husband are considering a low japanese style platform bed similar to the one from West Elm. I would like to suggest that they consider beds that play to the height of their walls such as the Metal Canopy bed or this high back platform bed. The latter's shape is reminiscent of WS' Newport bed from a previous post that I adore but is too rich for me. I'm also planning on finding the right end tables - avoiding matchy-match as much as possible. What do you think?

5 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Love the metal canopy bed. That is what I am thinking for my house, too.

Helen said...

My man doesn't like having a board at the end of his bed (v tall!) and we've found a way around my desire for a canopy. A piece of fabric hung on the wall behind the bed, suspended at the ceiling/wall point with a rod across its width and then suspended over the bed on the ceiling with another rod on hooks lined up with the end of the bed. It becomes a canopy but doesn't interfere with the body of the bed at all. You can then use a basic (even low) bed and make a real impact depending on using anything from statement fabric or a simple muslin or subtle pale linen, dressed with tassels at the end points or left plain.
Would this satisfy both parties in this case? Let me know if you want me to blog a picture to help description!!x

Unknown said...

That's a great point... my friend's husband is 6'2. Even though my friend loves the canopy ... she may have to opt for something else. I'd love a picture - you can send it to dressyournest@gmail.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think the metal canopy bed would look great in the master bedroom. i was always concerned about the high ceiling in the master which gives us so much wall space behind the bed. the canopy bed will frame that space nicely. Husband wants something modern, so the metal canopy option is perfect.

angerine said...

I love to see a picture of what strwberrydelight describes, if possible.