Hi I'm CeLee, and Dress Your Nest is your destination for simple and straight-forward, affordable modern design advice. My mission is to show everyone how to Design Within Reach within reach. I'll show you how high class design doesn't always come with a steep price. Peruse around and let's tap into your inner design diva!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Circle of Light

I wanted to switch out the standard lighting fixtures in our condo. They were a little too cottage-y/ country for my taste. Instead, I wanted a fixture that was bold yet simple, and of course easy on my pocketbook. I was out at LIME in San Francisco grabbing a drink our good friends, Steve & Ian, and noticed their fabulous orbs! From the looks of them, they looked like the Artemide Castore Suspension pendants that typically cost over $200 each.

I found a nice alternative through Seagull for less than $80. It was 14" in diameter, and I hung it 36" from the top of the dining room table. 36" by the way is the recommended distance for dining tables.

No comments: