Hi I'm CeLee, and Dress Your Nest is your destination for simple and straight-forward, affordable modern design advice. My mission is to show everyone how to Design Within Reach within reach. I'll show you how high class design doesn't always come with a steep price. Peruse around and let's tap into your inner design diva!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Boost For Every Marriage

My husband and I have agreed that it's definitely time to upgrade our queen to a KING (yippee!!!). The Newport from William-Sonoma Home is currently the front runner. It's price is obviously making me trigger-shy, and it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I love the shape of the headboard but wish that the frame was less substantial & bulky. Have you seen any good alternatives?

4 comments:

Anne At Large said...

I have to say, if I was looking at it I wouldn't worry too much about the frame size because it would be covered by some of the bedding so it wouldn't be too obtrusive. I think this pic accentuates the base by the way the bed is made, if that makes any sense. Have you seen it in person?

CeLee said...

I do most of my shopping online and haven't had a chance to go there in person. I was thinking of only having the headboard upholstered to minimize the dust trapped in the the frame base's fabric. In any event the WS option is still too $$$ - bummer - it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Have you looked at Ballarddesigns.com?

Unknown said...

wow... ballard designs has the headboard! i wish they had the platform frame as well. we still haven't pulled the trigger on the bed and have been squished on the queen. thanks for the suggestion!